Monday, November 12, 2007

My "A-Ha" Moment

The moment I would like to tell you about was when I first knew I was in love. I have been with the same guy for four and a half years now. He was my first love and will be my last. We started dating when I was 14 and he was 16. We had not dated any other people so this was a new experience for us both. When we were first talking, it was on AIM. I had in my profile information that I liked all these old television shows like I Love Lucy and so on. When I gave him my AIM name, I rushed on my computer to take out all that information for fear he wouldn't talk to me. I was embarassed about it, but needless to say he saw it before I could get it off. But he did not react the way I thought he would. He inquired more information about what I liked. I will always remember that because he made me feel accepted by him. On our four month anniversary, which was also my 15th birthday, he took me out. He gave me an I Love Lucy jewelry box. That is probably the most cherished gift he has ever given me. That meant so much to me because he really tried to find something that I would enjoy and he did. He really showed me he cared about me and what I liked.
As the years went on, we grew together and matured together. We have been through some really tough times. And when I thought it all could be over I prayed and God gave me the answer. He always brought us back together somehow. So my "A-Ha" moment is not exactly one moment. I cannot exactly pinpoint the exact moment I went "Whoa, I love him", because it is not like that. All I know is I just did and always have and always will. It was natural, like something that was always there. Love is not something that is easy to explain. It's that excitement you get in the pit of your stomach when you know he is about to pick you up. The smile you get when you talk about him. The happiness you feel when all your doing is just talking to him on the phone. These are just a few things I felt and still do.

No comments: